St. Paul's United Methodist Preschool
Voted Best of Manteca 2012
A Celebration of St. Paul’s Preschool’s 30th Anniversary Sunda, April 22
The Preschool is happy to be celebrating its 30th year of service to the families of Manteca and the surrounding communities. On Sunday, April 22nd, the celebration will begin with a special church service at 10:00 a.m. Immediately following the service we will have an Open House, a tree planting ceremony, and the Spring Book Fair will begin. Refreshments will be provided. Student events are planned for the entire week, including Spirit Days, Parent Days, burying a time capsule, and a canned food drive. (Preschool students will be collecting “30” bags of canned foods to help support St. Paul’s Food Pantry.)
We would like to extend an invitation to you to celebrate this milestone with us. For additional information please contact the preschool office at 239-5848.
Belinda Berry, Preschool Director
910 E. North St.
Manteca, Ca 95336
St. Paul's United Methodist Preschool was opened in September 1982 with just two sessions and has since grown to five sessions with an enrollment of over 100 students.
The purpose of St. Paul's Preschool is to educate the Preschool child in a Christian environment and to promote the positive growth of the child mentally, physically, emotionally,spiritually and socially.
- The child is an individual with potential (ability), both inherent (inherited) and cultural that should be fully developed during he education process.
- That education is a process by which the child can be guided to learn and develop his/her abilities.
- That physically the child can be encouraged to participate in activities that will help his/her body growth.
- Those spiritual values such s hope, faith, love and trust can and are supported and encouraged by the faculty.
- That through individual interaction with the child, a teacher or aide can develop and support a child's positive self image and instill a feeling a confidence in his/her action.
- That the preschool is a perfect place to begin developing new relationships and lasting friendships outside the home.
- A reading readiness program is provided for all 4 and 5 year old students. These programs introduce shapes, position, and directional terms and colors. Additionally incorporated are fine motor skills such as cutting and marking with crayons. Auditor discrimination, oral expression and language comprehension are also introduced.
- Field tips are conducted "in house". Special guests Will be invited to share information with the children during class time.
- Sharing is conducted daily in each class room. Sharing bags are sent home with your child when it is their turn to bring something from home to share with their classmates.
- The children will attend chapel once a month with the minister of children and youth as well as the senior pastor. They will hear biblical stories, sing songs and pray together. A special time is provided by the preschool for each child on his/her birthday by presenting him/her with a birthday book and acknowledging their special day. Parents are free to bring special snacks and/or teats (store bought) on their child's birthday to make that day more special.
- For the safety of your child and the staff, all parents/guardians wishing to visit or observe the school must check in with the preschool office prior to entering the classrooms.
St. Paul's Methodist Preschool offers young children a semi-structured, multifaceted program that centers around specific areas of development and growth of the child. Children have the freedom of choice to visit one or all learning areas that help to facilitate growth and development and include dramatic play, blocks, fine motor skill toys and activities, Language, art, cooking and outdoor play.
There is one circle time during the class period at which time all children must sit down and the teacher presents an activity that relates to the weekly/daily theme through songs, stories, finger plays, science, flag salute, calender, etc.
Time outs are sometimes necessary when a child has a hard time expressing his/her feelings without hurting other children. Time out is no more than 5 minutes.
We enroll students who are two years and nine months (and potty trained) to four years old for our regular Preschool classes. We offer a transitional kindergarten (T.K.) class for children who will be five years old by December 31st. St. Paul's Preschools student/teacher ratio is one teacher for every six students.
St. Paul's United Methodist Preschool coordinates their school holidays and staff development days with those given by the Manteca Unified School District.
Hours of Operation
Morning classes are held from 9:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.Afternoon class; Tues. Wed. & Thurs.; 1 to 3:30 P.M.
St. Paul's Preschool Manteca is also on Facebook.
The Preschool office is open from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 P.M.